- graduated measuring cup
- paper towels (2)
- alcohol wipes (2)
- Knock, greet resident by name and introduce self and title. Explain intended procedure and ask permission.
- Excuse self to wash hands and gather supplies. Give call button.
- Simulate hand wash and gather supplies
- Put on gloves
- Knock, greet resident by name- CLOSE CURTAIN FOR PRIVACY
- Place paper towels on the floor and place graduate on top right beneath the U-bag
- Verbalize checking that U-bag tubing is unobstructed, not hanging to the floor, and that the U-bag is hanging on an immovable part of the bed.
- Release clamp and drain required amount from U-bag ÎíÎñ do not let the drain touch the graduate.
- Re-clamp the drain and clean it with alcohol wipe, then return the drain to the ÎéÎípocketÎéÎí
- gather supplies from floor
- check patient comfort, call bell and excuse self, open curtain
- Measure amount of urine by placing on a paper towel on the counter and reading at eye level (w/in 50cc of CSO)
- dispose of urine, rinse graduate, --then remove gloves
- wash hands
- Record urine output on I&O sheet w/ time, date, initials
- Did candidate avoid touching sides of graduate?
- Wipe drain w/ alcohol after emptying?
- Leave bag secured to immovable part of bed, tubing not touching floor?
- Set graduate on flat surface / eye level to read?
- Empty into toilet and disinfect graduate?
- Remove gloves and wash hands before recording?
- Record output w/in 50cc of CSO?
- Record correctly on I&O sheet?