- None needed...
- Knock, greet resident by name and introduce self and title. Explain intended procedure and ask permission.
- Ask patient if they need to use restroom first
- Excuse self to wash hands, give call light
- Knock, greet resident by name
- Pull curtain closed
- Lower bed to lowest setting (you can raise the head of the bed at this time if necessary)
- Assist patient to sit up and dangle
- Verbalize not dizzy? and feel o.k.
- assist patient to put on non-skid footwear, sweater if cool etc.
- help to stand and walk to scale
- Zero the scale
- get weight and height measurements (w/in 1 inch of CSO and 2# of CSO)
- assist onto/ off of scale
- return patient to bed, remove footwear
- Remember pretty beds, lower beds, call bell, check comfort, open curtain
- Properly record (pt. name, date, time, your initials)
- wash hands
- Did candidate zero scale before measuring?
- provide assistance walking, and on/off scale platform?
- Record height w/in 1 of CSO?
- Record weight w/in 2# of CSO?
- Wash hands before and after?