- food tray
- 2 choices of food, spoon
- Full glass water (240ml) with straw
- Shirt protector
- napkin or facial washcloth
- Knock, greet resident by name and introduce self and title. Explain intended procedure and ask permission.
- Excuse self to wash hands and gather supplies. Give call button.
- Simulate hand wash and gather supplies
- Knock, greet resident by name
- Set up table, cover with towel and lay supplies down
- CLOSE CURTAIN FOR PRIVACY
- Offer choices
- Raise bed to High Fowler's position
- Place shirt protector
- Offer washcloth to wash hands before eating
- Begin w/ water ÎíÎñ every 3 bites: water & wipe
- Remove shirt protect, make sure pt is clean, offer wash cloth to wash hands
- Clean up table
- Leave in sitting position for 30 minutes to avoid choking hazards (verbalize this to patient)
- Pretty beds, lower beds, call bell, check comfort, open curtain
- Take care of supplies
- Wash hands
- Record intake
- Did the candidate offer and assist to wash hands before feeding?
- Sit at eye level?
- Apply shirt protect?
- Offer fluid before food?
- And then between 3 bites of food?
- Check to see if theyÎéÎ÷ve swallowed before offering next bite?
- Offer encouragement in eating & fluid intake?
- Clean and dry face?
- Clean area. Record intake Wash hands before and after?