- Two changes of clothes
- Sock & underwear
- Non-skid footwear
- Knock, greet resident by name and introduce self and title. Explain intended procedure and ask permission.
- Excuse self to wash hands and gather supplies. Give call button.
- Simulate hand wash and gather supplies
Knock, greet resident by name
- Set up table, cover with towel and lay supplies down
- CLOSE CURTAIN FOR PRIVACY
- Offer choices
- Remove clothing from strong side first, then affected side
- Dress affected side first, then strong side
- pretty beds, lower beds, call bell, check comfort, open curtain
- Dispose of linens properly
- Wash hands
- Remove and dress in the correct order (affected side vs. strong side)?
- Gather up sleeve to ease pulling over affected arm?
- Move body and extremities gently?
- Adjust clothing for comfort, neatness and alignment?
- Place dirty gown in designated hamper Wash hands before and after?