- Stethoscope (dbl headed)
- B/P cuff
- Alcohol wipes
- pen/paper to record
- Knock, greet resident by name and introduce self and title. Explain intended procedure and ask permission.
- Excuse self to wash hands and gather supplies. Give call button.
- Simulate hand wash and gather supplies
- Knock, greet resident by name
- CLOSE CURTAIN FOR PRIVACY
- Pull chair and bedside table over and place items on tabletop خيخٌ not on bed.
- Raise head of bed to semi-fowlers, adjust table height as needed.
-Patient should be able to rest arm comfortably on the side table.
- Wash ear pieces and diaphragm of stethoscope w/ alcohol
- Listen for point pulse last heard/felt +30 (fully deflate) Then measure Blood Pressure.
- Re-wash ear pieces and diaphragm of stethoscope w/ alcohol
- Pretty beds, lower beds, call bell, check comfort, open curtain
- Properly record
- Did candidate inflate cuff only 30mm past point pulse last heard?
- Control slow deflation of cuff?
- Record properly w/in 4mm of CSO?
- Clean earpieces & diaphragm of stethoscope w/ alcohol wipe?
- Wash hands before and after?