- toilet paper
- chux pad
- Knock, greet resident by name and introduce self and title. Explain intended procedure and ask permission.
- Excuse self to wash hands and gather supplies. Give call button.
- Simulate hand wash and gather supplies.
Knock, greet resident by name and begin set-up
- Cover side table with towel and lay supplies down on top.
- CLOSE CURTAIN FOR PRIVACY
- Raise bed
- Fold top linens down, cover pt. with towel
- Place chux pad under patient (rolling to side)
- Place bedpan under patient
- Raise head of the bed to Fowler's position, checking bedpan position & pt. comfort
- Give T.P. and call light and ask them to signal when finished, excuse self to the other side of curtain - NOTE: If you leave the room you must re-glove and wash hands, but you are technically staying in the room.
- Knock or ask permission to re-enter asking if patient is finished, greet resident by name - offer washcloth
- Lower head of the bed to supine
- Roll pt & remove bedpan Cover with towel (from table)
- remove chux
- Pretty beds, lower beds, call bell, check comfort, open curtain
- Empty bedpan into toilet and disinfect - replace at bedside table bottom shelf
- Remove gloves and wash hands
- Did candidate provide for comfort?
- Place protective pad before bedpan?
- Raise head of bed after placing bedpan?
- Provide T.P before removing pan?
- Lower head of bed before removing pan?
- Empty contents into toilet?
- Disinfect bedpan and place on bottom shelf of bedside stand?
- Wash hands before and after?
- Glove twice, changing in-between?